After uploading a project for editing, the images go through the editing process on our servers. Imagen edits fast, with speeds of 1 second per photo, meaning that a 1000 photos project will take around 17 minutes (without straightening and cropping that if chosen, will double the turnaround time).
For the easiest downloading experience, please do not move your catalog and images to a different location than the original location they were when you uploaded the photos.
This way, after clicking the “Download edits” button that is found next to your project name, Imagen will automatically select your catalog and relevant folders. All you will have to do is click the “Download Edits” button at the bottom of the Download section pop-up window.
If your catalog location had been moved to another location, You could click on “Browse”, and locate the relevant catalog manually.
After the download process has ended, Imagen will offer to launch Lightroom Classic with the relevant catalog, we highly recommend using this button to make sure that you are opening the relevant catalog.
Imagen backs up your catalog before each time you download a project, for more information please read this article: Catalog Backups.
How to download a project for the first time
- Home page - Your latest projects will be visible, and when the download is ready for them, the red “Download Edits” button will appear next to the project name.
- Projects page - On the default “Active” tab, you will see all of your projects that you did not download the edits yet.
Locate the relevant project, and click on the “Download Edits” button.
- In case Imagen found that the catalog did not move on your computer, everything will be loaded automatically and you should simply click on the “Download Edits” button.
If Imagen did not find the relevant catalog, click on “Browse”, locate your catalog manually and then click on the “Download Edits” button.
First steps in Lightroom Classic after downloading the edit
- If your Personal AI Profile relies on a creative profile, Imagen relies on that profile to get the best results, and you should sync it to all of your images as a first step after downloading the edits.
This feature will be automatic in the future.
- Create Standard or Smart previews.
This process takes a short while (depending on the number of images), but you will benefit from having no waiting time when browsing your images.
How do I know that the edit is complete and available for download?
Imagen is updated in real-time.
To see if your latest project is ready for download, locate the project name on either the Home or AI profiles page, and wait for the “Download Edits” to appear.
My project download is not available.
In case you uploaded a project with 1,000 photos or less, and more than an hour had passed, do the following:
- If you are waiting for the email to arrive, it could be an email issue, and it’s recommended to open the Imagen app and check if the project is ready.
- Please check to see if you have a debt with Imagen.
No matter which page you are on, you will have a notification on top of the screen, that we weren’t able to process your last payment and that your account is deactivated.
- Contact the support team if the project is not edited and you don't have a debt.
How many times can I download my edits?
Your edited project downloads are unlimited and always available. If you want to download an edit again, do the following:
- Go to the “Projects” page. You can read more about this page in this article: Project page explained
- Find the relevant project on either the “Active” or “Archive” tabs
- Click on the three dots located on the right side, and choose “Download Edits”
My photos are unedited after downloading the edits.
You can find more information about this issue in this article.