This tutorial will show you how to get the Imagen edits into Lightroom CC.
Don't worry if you are a Lightroom CC user that has never tried Lightroom Classic, you won’t have to know all the ins and outs of Lightroom Classic. Syncing photos between Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic is a very straightforward process, and you will only have to know how to Import your photos into Lightroom Classic, create a collection, and sync the collection.
The process uses an Adobe Lightroom Classic catalog, so you must own Adobe Lightroom Classic to be able to do those steps.
In terms of the Adobe plans, If you purchase the “Photography plan”, then you own Lightroom Classic, and all you need to do is to go to the Creative Cloud app and install the app on your computer.
If you purchase the “Lightroom plan”, that plan doesn’t include Lightroom Classic, and you won’t be able to use Imagen, though you can upgrade your plan on this link.
How to get Imagen talents edits into Lightroom CC
Step #1 (Only for users who don’t have Lightroom Classic installed)
- Download and install Adobe Lightroom Classic using this link, or by opening the Adobe Creative Cloud app and install from there.
*Please note that if you don't own one of “Adobe Photography plans”, and you only own “Adobe Lightroom plan”, you won’t be able to download and install Lightroom Classic without upgrading your plan.
Step #2 - Importing your photos to a Lightroom Classic catalog
- Open Lightroom Classic and create a new catalog.
- Import your images into your new Lightroom Classic catalog
Step #3 - Send your photos for editing with the Imagen app
- Open Imagen and log in
- Add a Talents profile to be available for editing
- Select the Lightroom Classic catalog that has the photos you wish to edit imported to it
- Select the relevant folders you want to send for edit
- Name your project and select the Talent editing profile you wish to edit with
- Click the “Add” button on the bottom right corner
- Click the “Upload” button at the bottom right corner
Step #4 - Download the edits with the Imagen app
When the editing process is complete, a green text will appear next to your project name letting you know that the project is “Ready”.
You will be able to see it on the Home page, and on the Projects page.
- Click on the “Download edits” button next to your project name, and again on the Download page.
- Open the Lightroom Classic catalog that the edits were downloaded too.
It is highly recommended to use the “Open LR Catalog” red button to make sure that you open the relevant Lightroom catalog
Step #5 - Syncing the edits from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC
- In Lightroom Classic, look for the Cloud icon on the top right corner and click it. If a pop-up message will ask you if you want to sync this catalog, click Yes.
- Make sure you are on the Library module, and select the main folder where your edited photos are located (located on the left panel)
- Select all photos (Ctr/cmd + A)
- On the collection tab on the left panel, click on the “+” and create a collection. Name it and make sure to check two boxes:
- “Include selected photos”
- “Sync with Lightroom”
If you want to keep the folder structure, you can create a “collection set”, and create as many collections in that set (each collection will be a folder).
The syncing will take place after you complete step 4, and may take a few minutes, depending on the project size and your internet connection speed.
Lightroom Classic collections are named in Lightroom CC as “Albums”.
After the sync process is done, you will see the collection on your Lightroom CC Albums.
Select it, and review the Imagen edits.