Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) is the default RAW editing interface of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge.
This tutorial will show you how to get the Imagen edits into ACR and send the final edits back to Imagen.
This process relies on an Adobe Lightroom Classic catalog, which means you must have Adobe Lightroom Classic to follow these step
In terms of Adobe plans, if you purchase the "Photography plan," then you own Lightroom Classic, and all you need to do is go to the Creative Cloud app and install it on your computer.
If you purchase the "Lightroom plan," this plan does not include Lightroom Classic, and as a result, you won't be able to use Imagen. However, you can upgrade your plan on this link.
ACR and Lightroom Classic compatibility
The editing features of ACR and Lightroom Classic are identical and use the same metadata file (XMP). The ability of both software to read the same XMP file simplifies the process of transferring Imagen edits from a Lightroom Classic catalog to ACR
How to get Imagen edits into ACR
Step #1 (Only for users who don’t have Lightroom Classic installed)
- Download and install Adobe Lightroom Classic using this link, or by opening the Adobe Creative Cloud app and installing it from there.
*Please note that if you don't own one of Adobe Photography plans and you only own the Adobe Lightroom plan, you won’t be able to download and install Lightroom Classic without upgrading your plan.
Step #2 - Importing your photos to a Lightroom Classic catalog:
- Open Lightroom Classic and create a new catalog.
- Import your images into your new Lightroom Classic catalog
Step #3 - Send your photos for editing with the Imagen app
- Open Imagen and log in
- Add a Talents profile to be available for editing
- Select the Lightroom Classic catalog that has the photos you wish to edit imported into it.
- Select the relevant folders you want to send for edit
- Name your project and select the Talent editing profile you wish to edit with
- Click the “Add” button on the bottom right corner
- Click the “Upload” button at the bottom right corner
Step #4 - Download the edits with the Imagen app
When the editing process is complete, a green text will appear next to your project name, letting you know the project is “Ready”.
You will be able to see it on the Homepage and the Projects page.
- Click the “Download edits” button next to your project name and again on the Download page.
- Open the Lightroom Classic catalog that the edits were downloaded to.
It is highly recommended to use the “Open LR Catalog” red button to make sure that you open the relevant Lightroom catalog.
Step #5 - Syncing the edits from Lightroom Classic to ACR
- In Lightroom Classic, on the Library module, select the relevant folder, and make sure that you are seeing the Imagen edits.
- Select all photos (Ctrl/Cmd+A)
- Use Ctrl/Cmd+S or click on the “Metadata” tab -> “Save Metadata To Files”
*If you get a pop message, click “Continue.”
- ACR automatically reads the XMP file if it exists, so now, when you load your photos into ACR, the photo will be loaded with the Imagen edit.
Now you can continue your regular workflow in ACR, and review the Imagen edits.
How to get ACR final edits back to Imagen (for Personal AI profile)
Once you have reviewed the edits in ACR and made the final edits you have to make, you can send the final edits back to Imagen to teach the AI the changes you have made. The changes you made in ACR will be automatically saved to the XMP files.
Step #1 Sync the edits to Lightroom
- Open Lightroom and select all the images you just corrected in ACR in the Library module.
- Click on Metadata, and select 'Read Metadata from files'. This will transfer all the changes you made in ACR back to Lightroom.
Step #2 Send final edits to Imagen
- You can refer to the upload section in this article to learn how to upload the final edits to Imagen: Fine-tune